Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anthony Weiner

The guy made a bunch of firebrand speeches, and he had some good points. He got on TV a lot because of it, and pushed hard on his opponents.

However, this isn't the first time he did something stupid that hurt his credibility.


“When I become mayor, you know what I’m going to spend my first year doing?” Mr. Weiner said to Mr. Bloomberg, as tablemates listened. “I’m going to have a bunch of ribbon-cuttings tearing out your [expletive] bike lanes.”


The cyclist community is very big, largely Democratic, and very active. I mean, when the scandal breaks, and "The Bike Snob NYC" starts circling looking for a dead body that isn't a good sign.

Especially when he follows up by photoshopping Rip Torn's Mug Shot onto the body.

Stupid usually isn't a one time event. If Rob Anderson is patting you on the back and BSNYC is on your back, you're making some pretty big mistakes.

No comments: