Monday, June 27, 2011

Bay Area Clipper Card Quiz!

Update: Though Professor Akit got this one right on Twitter inside of 30 seconds, we're giving it to Bret Lobree. Akit is a ringer.

Details on Akit's Complaint Department - totally agree with his assessment that MTC botched this one.


For all you transit nerds out there - here is a fun @BayAreaClipper quiz!

Yesterday I walked down the street. Got onto the 48 Bus at 24th/Diamond. I was going to go to Bryant and get on a 27, but NextBus was telling me 54 MINUTES! So I got off at Mission, and was going to take the 14 down to 16th to get a 22/33, but my kid said "I WANNA RIDE THE CHOO CHOO". So we got onto BART at 24th/Mission, took it to 16th Street BART, went upstairs, and got on a 22 to our final destination.

Summary
MUNI ride on the 48
BART ride from 24th to 16th/Mission
MUNI ride on the 22

All within 30 minutes. I used my single clipper card to pay for this trip.

Question - How much did I pay?

First correct answer wins a Growler of Beer from Firehouse/Tied House.

16 comments:

Eric Fischer said...

$3.75?

Frank Irwin said...

Interestingly enough, the cost was exactly the same as the cost of a Growler of Beer from Firehouse/Tied House.

Unknown said...

2 bucks

Mr. Eric Sir said...

0, all the machines were broken.

blobree said...

I'm guessing the 22 didn't know that you had already taken the 48 then add the bart fare: 5.75

drummer66 said...

$5.35. remember, have to pay for the kid, too!

blobree said...

drummer66...under 5 kid's free

murphstahoe said...

So far you're all wrong which is pretty sad. Not on your part, on Clipper's part.

Brutal.

murphstahoe said...

And here's a hint. I returned the same exact way, and paid the exact same fare to get home. And the total round trip was...

RT @sneezix Interestingly enough, the cost was exactly the same as the cost of a Growler of Beer from Firehouse/Tied House.

Frank wins two growlers but must come to SF to collect.

Frank Irwin said...

I'll be there in three weeks!

blobree said...

Did you get my second guess via Twitter DM? I got it right on my second guess...I had forgotten the .25 discount, but at least I got the missed transfer from muni part...

Frank Irwin said...

Hey, blobree, quit trying to horn into my growlers?

What's a growler, anyhows? The fact that I have to go to SF to get one worries me a bit.

blobree said...

I'll share...

Frank Irwin said...

Since you're asking nicely, ok.

Matthew Butrimovitz said...

Is it $5.50?

Courious George said...

Can I use my clippard card and ask for a transfer? My trips are short on muni, dies it mean that everytime I board muni and use the clippard card it is deducting $2 per ride? It would be better to pay cash and get a transfer right? I would be saving money in the long run, right?