Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Non Malicious Motorist?

I rode this AM from Redwood City Caltrain to work, starting by going up Jefferson.

As I came down towards Canada, there was a truck that did a strange sort of stop/shuffle move, I slowed because "who knows what sort of stunt this guy will pull". As I rode by, he stuck his head out the window and pointed down the hill and started to say something. I figured maybe he was telling me there was a wreck up ahead, or maybe a cop at the Jefferson/Canada intersection.

Later, at work, I heard from Michael Gaiman that he had spotted Cadel Evans out on the road today. I kicked myself because I was this close to riding with him this AM, and even closer to riding backwards on Canada to meet him at 92, in which case I would have shared in the ProSpotting.

I started to think about this whole thing, when I made the decision to turn left, it was in part because there was a reasonably strong rider headed that direction. Of course, there was a small group of 4-5 riders going North, but I wanted to get to work. This got me to thinking.... then when I saw this video of Cadel on Alpine, mentioning that he had done the PV AM ride, which ends just about the time one would need to get to Canada/Jefferson...



via gregmgomez2010

Looking at the jerseys and setups, and recalling the gruppo headed North on Canada...

I'm pretty sure the crazy motorist was telling me "Hey dude! The world champion is RIGHT THERE!!!!"

Well, they're not ALL out to get you...

No comments: