Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Guess the Price of Gas on July 4.

In Today's Mr. Roadshow


Q It's time for another Roadshow gas contest — like predicting when gas hits $2.50 a gallon. Prices dropped about 10 cents in the Evergreen area of San Jose last week and I was totally thrilled. It would be nice if prices drop like they have in the rest of the United States. I don't believe for a minute that our gas is more expensive because it is more pure. That is a bunch of bunk and nothing is going to change my mind. Anyway, I am ready to win a contest.

Susan Creech

A Boy, are you hopeful. I don't think there's any chance that prices will fall to $2.50 gallon anytime soon, but I can handle another contest. I will buy a free tank of gas for the first driver who comes closest to predicting the statewide average for a gallon of self-serve regular on July 4 based on AAA's figures. The state average was $3.04 a gallon on Tuesday, down 8 cents from a month ago but much higher than the national average of $2.73. The contest deadline is June 15.


Guess away. If I win, I will ask Mr. Roadshow to either fill my nonexistent gas tank, or donate a suitable amount of money to the Silicon Valley Bike Coalition

Now, don't get me wrong - I am a HUGE fan of Gary Richards. He's taken a very tough stance on horrible things like drunk driving, texting/cellphone and driving, red-light running, etc... and his position re:cyclists is enlightened. I just think this would be a bit funny. If he disagrees I will happily cede my winnings to the second place guess.

No comments: