Thursday, March 4, 2010

Stupid Fixie tricks.

Tuesday AM. Riding down 25th St towards 22nd St Caltrain.
At the four way stop at Capp, I stop (ok, slow way way down) to let
a truck clear the intersection coming from the left. Out of the corner of
my eye I spot something and my spidey senses go off as I roll into the
intersection after the truck clears, and veer/brake to avoid hitting a guy
on a fixie who followed the truck into the intersection.

I slid past him and muttered "we almost had a little dustup there buddy".

He apologized and I said "No harm, no foul, I spotted you tailing that truck".

He said "That's what the orange rims are for" and headed right on Folsom.

I made a mental note "Orange Deep V rims == ALERT! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE MY BIKE"

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

I don't know how many times I've nearly t-boned a bike ninja running the stop sign in Palo Alto and San Jose. Stupidity isn't limited to the Deep V set.