Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Take your bike on Caltrain this week!

I rode to Redwood City this AM with Ted and Trinh and then hopped on Caltrain instead of watching the Inagural. I campaigned for the guy, he won, but even though I am sure the speech was very inspiring the sunrise over San Francisco Bay was pretty damn inspiring too, and not being broadcast over and over the next few days. In fact, the next few days it is actually supposed to rain, which we badly need.

So like I said, I went riding because it's supposed to rain tomorrow, I got on the Caltrain, and what to my wondering eyes did appear? Caltrain's annual passenger count has started! How can Scanlon cook the books?

1) Holiday week.
2) Inaguration Tuesday.
3) Rain finally coming.

OK, I'm sure Scanlon isn't that devious but certainly he won't be claiming that the bike counts were lower than typical this week because it's raining and half the bike car is in Washington DC.

Anyway, if there ever was a week not to decide to "just drive" or check your bike at Warm Planet, this is it. Suck it up, take your bike on Caltrain and if you get bumped make sure you tell the peon with the clipboard to write it down.

No comments: